Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants Raptor's as main threats to the humans again?
I personally really liked the raptor squad but as many fans have said they weren't scary. I think that was on purpose due to them being more protagonist than antagonist so we could sometimes cheer for them but now that Jurassic World is done I and many others want raptors to be a danger to all human characters. They have to scare again.
I really liked the raptor squad as well! I think they worked well in the film, they had great personalities, and I felt something for each of them in the end. I do have to say I agree and disagree with your statement. I think the squad was scary at first, but they were never meant to be as scary as we've known them before. This is a different breed... They are tamed, trained, and smart. The threat was never meant to be the same, so that's where I agree.

Where I disagree is that they weren't scary... I think they were when they needed to be. During our first introduction, they certainly posed a threat and could be deemed scary, due to the tension. Later on during the Indominus attack in the jungle, they are yet again very scary. They turn on the humans and are just as scary as they've ever been. Seeing them pounce of the InGen unit, drag them around, and just brutally kill the team, along with Hoskins later on makes them very scary in my book. In this film they weren't a big threat, purposefully. In the other films, they were certainly supposed to be a threat, so I think it all makes sense.

but sure, I'd love to see them be a true threat again in the future.
I prefer a Little less raptors overall in the JW sequel. Because both JP3 and JW had a bit of an overload of them.

Let the herbivores be a danger once in a while instead them just being background props.

Many fans also want Dilophosaurus back spitting at people.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
(06-29-2016, 01:06 PM)JurassicParkPodcast Wrote: I really liked the raptor squad as well! I think they worked well in the film, they had great personalities, and I felt something for each of them in the end. I do have to say I agree and disagree with your statement. I think the squad was scary at first, but they were never meant to be as scary as we've known them before. This is a different breed... They are tamed, trained, and smart. The threat was never meant to be the same, so that's where I agree.

Where I disagree is that they weren't scary... I think they were when they needed to be. During our first introduction, they certainly posed a threat and could be deemed scary, due to the tension. Later on during the Indominus attack in the jungle, they are yet again very scary. They turn on the humans and are just as scary as they've ever been. Seeing them pounce of the InGen unit, drag them around, and just brutally kill the team, along with Hoskins later on makes them very scary in my book. In this film they weren't a big threat, purposefully. In the other films, they were certainly supposed to be a threat, so I think it all makes sense.

but sure, I'd love to see them be a true threat again in the future.

100% agree. I don't understand when people say they weren't a threat/scary in Jurassic World. They slaughtered that whole InGen team like it was nothing.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Definitely would like to see the Raptors back as a threat. I just didn't get that in JW. It never felt like anyone was ever really in danger. And the Raptors weren't scary to me. Perhaps if the introduction of the Raptors had been set at night, with way more foliage in their enclosure, it would have made them a little bit more mysterious. Instead they were just standing there, in bright sunshine.

We know they filmed a lot more with the Raptors hunting the InGen soldiers, and it slowed down allowing the Raptors to "hunt" them. Apparently it felt like Alien. But they cut the whole sequence down.
(06-29-2016, 10:41 PM)Jack Wrote: Definitely would like to see the Raptors back as a threat. I just didn't get that in JW. It never felt like anyone was ever really in danger. And the Raptors weren't scary to me. Perhaps if the introduction of the Raptors had been set at night, with way more foliage in their enclosure, it would have made them a little bit more mysterious. Instead they were just standing there, in bright sunshine.

We know they filmed a lot more with the Raptors hunting the InGen soldiers, and it slowed down allowing the Raptors to "hunt" them. Apparently it felt like Alien. But they cut the whole sequence down.
I think they introduced the Raptors in the daylight to give the audience a different perception of them. Instead of wanting the Raptors to scare the little kids, they wanted the kids to get the impression that these Raptors are more "good" so they would cheer for them in the end.
I feel like they were setting up all the way from TLW to JW the intelligence and complex motivations of these raptors. In Jurassic Park, they were definitely smart too, but were basically hunting the whole movie. In JP3, we see that they were very protective of family groups. In JW, in addition to genetic tampering, they were almost sympathetic to humans.

I'm just wondering whether they'll continue that trend or reverse it back to the "wildness" of the raptors in the first Jurassic Park.
(07-06-2016, 06:02 PM)jobalexang Wrote: I feel like they were setting up all the way from TLW to JW the intelligence and complex motivations of these raptors. In Jurassic Park, they were definitely smart too, but were basically hunting the whole movie. In JP3, we see that they were very protective of family groups. In JW, in addition to genetic tampering, they were almost sympathetic to humans.

I'm just wondering whether they'll continue that trend or reverse it back to the "wildness" of the raptors in the first Jurassic Park.

I think (and hope) they will continue the intelligence trend.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
I would love to see a coordinated attack sequence like what was painted in the The Lost World novel. If memory serves me right the pack took down a full grown Triceratops (or at least tried to). We have yet to see Raptors take down a herbivore. I'd love to see that. Like an African safari type sequence.

The most menacing I've ever seen Raptors were either the InGen merc. take down in TLW "Don't go into the long grass!" or the jungle take down in JW, although I agree the latter sequence was a bit too short!
The long grass sequence may be my favourite Raptor sequence. I'd love to see Raptors hunting herbivores in JW2 and if we really are leaving the islands then it allows the perfect opportunity to showcase this.