Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jurassic Park Color Timing: 3D vs. 2011 Blu-Ray
I remember there was a thread on another JP forum, maybe JPToys or JPLegacy showing the differences between the VHS/DVD/BR/3D I"m quite confused about which version I really want. They're all different and I guess I'd want the most accurate version to the original theater experience or VHS. But these are things I only really notice when seeing comparisons and when I saw the BR I just thought it looked very nice, little did I know.

I would also love to see the 4k cut, hopefully soon.
(07-06-2016, 02:02 AM)sdp Wrote: I remember there was a thread on another JP forum, maybe JPToys or JPLegacy showing the differences between the VHS/DVD/BR/3D I"m quite confused about which version I really want. They're all different and I guess I'd want the most accurate version to the original theater experience or VHS. But these are things I only really notice when seeing comparisons and when I saw the BR I just thought it looked very nice, little did I know.

I would also love to see the 4k cut, hopefully soon.

For my money, the 3d blu ray is my favorite version. The color timing is most similar to the original movie in my opinion.
It certainly has this "filmic" feeling to it that the 2D doesn't have. I think the version I choose to watch depends on my mood. Haha. But the 3D veers towards a little too orange on some parts for comfort, but overall, it is a more pleasing color timing.