Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (un)canceled Jurassic World Video Game
(06-01-2016, 01:59 AM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: Yeah, the free-to-play stuff is worrying.

(05-31-2016, 09:59 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Maybe them re-developing it means they want to expand it to be full-console. Sure, it'll probably have DLC's, but what game doesn't these days?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it having some DLC, as long as it's of the traditional sort — maybe new areas to explore, or something similar — but I'm worried that it might go down the same path as Jurassic World: The Game, which imposes frankly disgusting penalties on players who aren't willing to pay to progress. 

It's impossible to speculate given that we know almost nothing about the game, but imagine there was a stage in which you came face-to-face with the Indominus, say, and you had to find a way to escape. I'd be worried about it becoming a case of, 'Hey, this is really tricky — but if you just head to the PlayStation/Xbox Store and purchase this handy piece of equipment, it'll be much easier!'

I hope I'm just jumping the gun here, and worrying needlessly — obviously with it not being a mobile game, it's unlikely to take things as far as Jurassic World: The Game — but that's where my mind goes when I see/hear that something might be free-to-play.

As I say, though, I hope I'm wrong. I just want this game to be great, and can't help worrying about it being screwed up somehow.

— P.S. It's so good to be able to discuss this stuff long-form, instead of through a ridiculously long string of Tweets.

Yeah, when I saw that JW: The Game had priced the Mosasaur pack at $100 freaking dollars, I ducked out. Haven't even longed to return, since.
(06-01-2016, 01:59 AM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: I hope I'm just jumping the gun here, and worrying needlessly — obviously with it not being a mobile game, it's unlikely to take things as far as Jurassic World: The Game — but that's where my mind goes when I see/hear that something might be free-to-play.

As I say, though, I hope I'm wrong. I just want this game to be great, and can't help worrying about it being screwed up somehow.

— P.S. It's so good to be able to discuss this stuff long-form, instead of through a ridiculously long string of Tweets.

I agree, and I hope they do this game right. As others have said, we really deserve a good  JP game. 

(06-01-2016, 03:21 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: I guess I'm not sure how free-to-play would work with this game.  But I am glad it is back under production! The game assets that leaked before looked phenomenal and it looked like a lot of work had already been completely on it when it was cancelled.   Aside from the Lego game, there hasn't been a good Jurassic Park video game of this type in a long time: the last one was the JP3 PS2 game... which was also cancelled.

Remember Jurassic Park: Survival? I had that game on pre-order. Sad
If it is a F2P game...I've lost interest. I want a legit game.
(06-01-2016, 11:24 AM)Jack Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 01:59 AM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: I hope I'm just jumping the gun here, and worrying needlessly — obviously with it not being a mobile game, it's unlikely to take things as far as Jurassic World: The Game — but that's where my mind goes when I see/hear that something might be free-to-play.

I agree, and I hope they do this game right. As others have said, we really deserve a good  JP game. 

(06-01-2016, 03:21 AM)jurassiraptor Wrote: I guess I'm not sure how free-to-play would work with this game.  But I am glad it is back under production! The game assets that leaked before looked phenomenal and it looked like a lot of work had already been completely on it when it was cancelled.   Aside from the Lego game, there hasn't been a good Jurassic Park video game of this type in a long time: the last one was the JP3 PS2 game... which was also cancelled.

Remember Jurassic Park: Survival? I had that game on pre-order. Sad

WAIT, Jurassic Park Survival for like PS2?! I did not even know it made it to the pre-order stage. What year was this?
(06-02-2016, 08:24 AM)Anonymous Wrote: WAIT, Jurassic Park Survival for like PS2?! I did not even know it made it to the pre-order stage. What year was this?

Yeah! I had it on pre-order through Amazon.co.uk for months, not sure on the year (2002?) I was quite young and remember my dad telling me he had had an email that the game was cancelled. Sad times, but classic for any Jurassic fan...
(05-31-2016, 09:11 PM)Jack Wrote: I hope they show it off! What we saw of the game looked insanely good.

Free to play is weak though....it always translates to cheap. No matter how good it might look those games never fail to burn you.
I'm really looking forward to this game. I hope they bring back the models they had, as they were extremely good models. Even going so far to use the classic TLW Pteranodon!
[Image: DWLUy3r.png]
(06-05-2016, 03:38 AM)CT-1138 Wrote: I'm really looking forward to this game. I hope they bring back the models they had, as they were extremely good models. Even going so far to use the classic TLW Pteranodon!

Those models were actually perfect. Seeing those run cycles, it felt like they truly understood Jurassic Park. I do hope the game lives up to our expectations... which unfortunately we do set very high. Guilty of that for sure, but I really just think we deserve a great game.
It kind of is a no-brainer, isn't it? The Alien franchise got a great game, and I'm willing to believe that the Jurassic Park franchise is way larger.
Has there been any news on this? When can we expect some information to start coming out?
Jurassic World: An Adventure 14 Years in the Making