Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chronicle Collectibles have teased their upcoming night vision goggles!
Looking forward to checking out their booth this weekend. I doubt it'll change my stance on not buying anything, but it'll be fun to see what I'm missing in person.
What do you guys think of what has been shown so far?
(07-21-2016, 10:21 PM)jobalexang Wrote: What do you guys think of what has been shown so far?

I'm going to wait until I see these in person on Saturday to say for sure, but from what I've seen, they look quite good. I wish whoever was taking those photos would have turned their flash on, though. Hoping for some female figures too...
(07-21-2016, 10:45 PM)Victoria Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 10:21 PM)jobalexang Wrote: What do you guys think of what has been shown so far?

I'm going to wait until I see these in person on Saturday to say for sure, but from what I've seen, they look quite good. I wish  whoever was taking those photos would have turned their flash on, though. Hoping for some female figures too...

Would love to hear your impressions.
I'd love to get my hands on the Jurassic Park Velociraptor bust. But the estimated price of $1500 seems about right. And that does not include shipping to Europe.
Some seriously amazing products debuted at SDCC. Chronicle have done well!
I'm uploading a video of my SDCC experience, but as far as Chronicle goes, their stuff looked incredible as expected. I was especially taken with how in-your-face the raptor busts are. They look so realistic. The bull T-Rex bust was a bit smaller than I expected it to be. The T-Rex Breakout set looks quite stunning in person. The electric fence posts look to be real metal. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Compy, though it would be an understatement to say it was merely OK. The Stegosaurus looked great and is still my favorite product of theirs so far. As for the 1/6 figures, I mostly liked what I saw. Both Owen and Alan look a bit below Hot Toys quality, which considering they will retail for at least the price of a HT figure is marginally disappointing. They DO look great... just not as great as I hoped they might. I think Owen is the stronger of the two. Alan's hatted head seems to need some tweaking as it looks as if he's disgusted with something. The Owen and Blue statue looks quite nice... I'm looking forward to seeing the painted version of it. It was also neat to see the night vision goggles and the Barbasol can. I spoke with one of the reps there for a bit, and she indicated that Malcolm will be the next 1/6 scale figure. I inquired about the ladies, and sadly, there are no plans to do Ellie or Claire quite yet. She told me she really wants it to happen, but I think it'll depend on how well Owen and Alan do. They were also handing out these neat little cardboard cutout versions of the T-Rex Breakout diorama.
Can't wait for your video! So cool you got to see these products in person, and that they lived up to expectation. Malcolm will be a great figure, and Ellie after that hopefully.

It's a shame their license only allows for $200 and up. How much do you think the human 1:6th scale figures should sell for?
(07-25-2016, 09:32 AM)Victoria Wrote: I'm uploading a video of my SDCC experience, but as far as Chronicle goes, their stuff looked incredible as expected. I was especially taken with how in-your-face the raptor busts are. They look so realistic. The bull T-Rex bust was a bit smaller than I expected it to be. The T-Rex Breakout set looks quite stunning in person. The electric fence posts look to be real metal. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Compy, though it would be an understatement to say it was merely OK. The Stegosaurus looked great and is still my favorite product of theirs so far. As for the 1/6 figures, I mostly liked what I saw. Both Owen and Alan look a bit below Hot Toys quality, which considering they will retail for at least the price of a HT figure is marginally disappointing. They DO look great... just not as great as I hoped they might. I think Owen is the stronger of the two. Alan's hatted head seems to need some tweaking as it looks as if he's disgusted with something. The Owen and Blue statue looks quite nice... I'm looking forward to seeing the painted version of it. It was also neat to see the night vision goggles and the Barbasol can. I spoke with one of the reps there for a bit, and she indicated that Malcolm will be the next 1/6 scale figure. I inquired about the ladies, and sadly, there are no plans to do Ellie or Claire quite yet. She told me she really wants it to happen, but I think it'll depend on how well Owen and Alan do. They were also handing out these neat little cardboard cutout versions of the T-Rex Breakout diorama.

Thanks for sharing Victoria! It's great to have a fellow fan and collector on site to ask the important questions.

As for the quality of the 1:6 figures, while I haven't seen them in person, I was assured that the final product would be 2x the qulaity of Hot Toys at the very least. Hopefully these are early prototypes then and the final versions will be much better.

I am surprised that you thought these were somewhat disappointing. I have looked at some very high resolution photos and both Alan and Owen look fantastic IMO. The detail is extreme and the paint apps seem to be consistent.

ACI toys is the manufacture for the 1:6 stuff, does anyone here have any ACI stuff for comparison?
(07-25-2016, 07:50 PM)Jack Wrote: Can't wait for your video! So cool you got to see these products in person, and that they lived up to expectation. Malcolm will be a great figure, and Ellie after that hopefully.

It's a shame their license only allows for $200 and up. How much do you think the human 1:6th scale figures should sell for?

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/bDA5tpg8V9k

I would expect these to be at least the cost of a Hot Toys figure. Those usually begin around $220, so my guess would be $220-250.

(07-26-2016, 01:27 AM)Anonymous Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 09:32 AM)Victoria Wrote: I'm uploading a video of my SDCC experience, but as far as Chronicle goes, their stuff looked incredible as expected. I was especially taken with how in-your-face the raptor busts are. They look so realistic. The bull T-Rex bust was a bit smaller than I expected it to be. The T-Rex Breakout set looks quite stunning in person. The electric fence posts look to be real metal. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Compy, though it would be an understatement to say it was merely OK. The Stegosaurus looked great and is still my favorite product of theirs so far. As for the 1/6 figures, I mostly liked what I saw. Both Owen and Alan look a bit below Hot Toys quality, which considering they will retail for at least the price of a HT figure is marginally disappointing. They DO look great... just not as great as I hoped they might. I think Owen is the stronger of the two. Alan's hatted head seems to need some tweaking as it looks as if he's disgusted with something. The Owen and Blue statue looks quite nice... I'm looking forward to seeing the painted version of it. It was also neat to see the night vision goggles and the Barbasol can. I spoke with one of the reps there for a bit, and she indicated that Malcolm will be the next 1/6 scale figure. I inquired about the ladies, and sadly, there are no plans to do Ellie or Claire quite yet. She told me she really wants it to happen, but I think it'll depend on how well Owen and Alan do. They were also handing out these neat little cardboard cutout versions of the T-Rex Breakout diorama.

Thanks for sharing Victoria! It's great to have a fellow fan and collector on site to ask the important questions.

As for the quality of the 1:6 figures, while I haven't seen them in person, I was assured that the final product would be 2x the qulaity of Hot Toys at the very least. Hopefully these are early prototypes then and the final versions will be much better.

I am surprised that you thought these were somewhat disappointing. I have looked at some very high resolution photos and both Alan and Owen look fantastic IMO. The detail is extreme and the paint apps seem to be consistent.

ACI toys is the manufacture for the 1:6 stuff, does anyone here have any ACI stuff for comparison?

Glad to be of service! 2X the quality of a Hot Toys figure is very hard to imagine. I would say that these were close to HT level of quality, but they just weren't quite there. I think they need to slightly smooth out the details on the faces. Both Alan and Owen looked a little too old. If they tweaked the deco just a little bit I think they would be on par with HT.