Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the symbolism of the smashed Spino skeleton good enough for you?
For me, yes.
i didn't care enough, either way. But yeah, that was fun and a nice nod.
(07-12-2016, 01:20 AM)jobalexang Wrote: i didn't care enough, either way. But yeah, that was fun and a nice nod.

Agreed. Was cool though!
Just saying I like what they did instead of a full on rematch but that's my opinion.
I think it was spoiled for me beforehand, from somewhere. So I knew it was coming. I'd imagine if it were a surprise, my reaction would be more excited? haha.
I could've done without it, to be honest. I understand where it came from, and can appreciate it, but it's a bit too on the nose for me — especially given how they actually handled it in the film. (Don't get me started on that profoundly dodgy shot of the Rex roaring afterwards.) Like jobalexang, I knew it was coming beforehand, but the piece I'd read mentined that the Rex and the Indominus just happened to destroy it as they fought. I think that might've worked better — still there, but a little more subtle.
@JHNMCHLTNR | The JHN behind @thejhnfiles. Patiently waiting for Jurassic Park to become a reality.
Actually that's true, it was reported before the movie was released so a number of people knew about it, including me. If I had known nothing, I think it would have been the perfect nod. Either way, it's fine.
(07-12-2016, 01:08 PM)JHNMCHLTNR Wrote: I could've done without it, to be honest. I understand where it came from, and can appreciate it, but it's a bit too on the nose for me — especially given how they actually handled it in the film. (Don't get me started on that profoundly dodgy shot of the Rex roaring afterwards.) Like jobalexang, I knew it was coming beforehand, but the piece I'd read mentined that the Rex and the Indominus just happened to destroy it as they fought. I think that might've worked better — still there, but a little more subtle.

Yeah, that whole sequence was a bit too superhero-returns-to-battle-y for me. Since that was their intent though, with the Rex being like Burt Lancaster or whatever, they did a good job. Just was neither here nor there for me.

I know that there were really loud cheers in the theater though, so I'm glad people dug it.
(07-12-2016, 10:10 PM)jobalexang Wrote: Yeah, that whole sequence was a bit too superhero-returns-to-battle-y for me. Since that was their intent though, with the Rex being like Burt Lancaster or whatever, they did a good job. Just was neither here nor there for me.

I know that there were really loud cheers in the theater though, so I'm glad people dug it.
I guess that's why I'd love it so much, since I'm a fan of both Jurassic Park and superhero films. It just worked for me.
Most people who weren't HUGE JP fans didn't even notice what skeleton it really was, to be honest.