Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the symbolism of the smashed Spino skeleton good enough for you?
It was a fun nod, but I did not care much one way or the other.
(07-15-2016, 02:45 PM)scallenger Wrote: Most people who weren't HUGE JP fans didn't even notice what skeleton it really was, to be honest.

Same with the Rex. If you hadn't read the website, you'd never know it was supposed to be the original Rex. I had to tell so many people.  Confused
Yes, it was plenty
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
It was a nice nod, not necessary but cool. I definitely don't want a rematch though.
As soon as I saw the spino skeleton in the set pics, I thought to myself "that's definitely getting destroyed by the T-rex at the end." I thought it was a great moment. It was a nod to JP3 and a satisfying "revenge" without being over the top about it.
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube
Well, Im guessing you guys know how I feel about this. So yeah, to say it was ´´not enough´´ would be a huge understatement. It is not only not enough but probably one of the most unsatisfying and dissapointing moments not only in the Jurassic Park films but in movies overall.

People have to understand that what really pissed off fans from Jurassic Park 3 was not simply that one random T Rex lost one fight. But that the film´s intention was to establish that the Spinosaurus as a species is so much more superior to the T Rex species that they can always humilliate them in just a few seconds. Wich ruins the memory of one of the things they loved the most of the first 2 films, the glorious T Rexes. Now everytime the T Rex has a badass moment in JP or TLW fans know that this other species can make them look like nothing.

So the most logical thought or wish after that is to have a rematch with the T Rex winning in order to re establish that not always T Rexes will get humilliated so quickly by Spinosauruses. But after a 14 year wait, not only did they ignore the single biggest controversy in the franchise, but they feel like they solved it by not only just having a T Rex smash a Spinosaurus skeleton but also having yet another T Rex lose another fight against another giant therapod (if anything showing that T Rexes always have trouble fighting other therapods) only to be saved by a Raptor and Mosasaurus. So you can only imagine the level of dissapointment that we felt when we watched all that.

So yes, not only is the skeleton nod not enough, it clearly does not solve the issue, it´s probably the most unsatisfying moment in the series and if anything it made the motivation for an actual rematch burn brighter than ever
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
I think the scene was awesome and for me personally it was enough but I'm just one fan of billions so if the majority want a rematch why should I discourage them that it won't happen.
Being the butthurt T. Rex fanboy that I am, it was absolutely enough.

Basically, it was acknowledgement that JP3 made a mistake in how they handled the Rex, and that it wouldn't happen again, which is all I, as a Rex fanboy, wanted.

Hopefully, with that one little acknowledgement, they negated most peoples want for some sort of rematch down the line.

Also, I hope that the Spinosaurus isn't blackballed from any future JP films, as I would love to see it make another appearance in its updated form, which I personally think is a far more interesting version of the animal than the mini-kaiju we were subjected to in JP3.
More than enough
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Definitely enough. I can't think of a scenario where a T-Rex v Spino rematch would work without seeming forced.