Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the symbolism of the smashed Spino skeleton good enough for you?
But could a rematch alienate those who don't want it and are excited for JW2? That's why the nod was in JW, it was a compromise.

And yes, every franchise has fan debates/wars but why can't those who want the rematch just say "T. Rex is and will always be the icon of the franchise despite what happen in JP3"?

Why does a rematch must happen to prove a T. Rex can beat a Spino? Symbolically, JW proved the Rex will always be the icon even when it lost one on one with the Indominus.

The franchise isn't about dino fights so why should one dino fight mean anything. The T. Rex lost and it was a mistake but it was symbolically corrected. Why can't that be good enough I have trouble understanding.
(03-22-2017, 03:49 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 03:46 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Part of thinks the rematch should happen with the Rex being victorious so the supporters of it can be pleased but part of me still thinks it's not necessary.

Part of me thinks the rematch should happen with the Spino kicking the crap out of the Rex again just for the lols.

And I say that as a Rex fanboy.

Imagine Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader humilliates Luke.

Then imagine if in Return of the Jedi, after 2 movies of fans rooting for Luke he once again gets humilliated by Vader. End of the series we have to accept it that way grow up and move on.

Do you really think that fans would react well to that?

By the way I respect every fan feeling a different way about the movies but isn´t saying you are a big Rex fanboy and getting happy about it getting humilliated yet agains isn´t like saying you are a big Lebron James fan while also hoping he plays terrible and loses badly?

(03-22-2017, 04:22 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: But could a rematch alienate those who don't want it and are excited for JW2? That's why the nod was in JW, it was a compromise.

And yes, every franchise has fan debates/wars but why can't those who want the rematch just say "T. Rex is and will always be the icon of the franchise despite what happen in JP3"?

Why does a rematch must happen to prove a T. Rex can beat a Spino? Symbolically, JW proved the Rex will always be the icon even when it lost one on one with the Indominus.

The franchise isn't about dino fights so why should one dino fight mean anything. The T. Rex lost and it was a mistake but it was symbolically corrected. Why can't that be good enough I have trouble understanding.

Those who don´t want a rematch (or that really hate the idea) are a tiny minority that is just very vocal about it and presents itself as the voice of everyone.

The reality is that many in the hardcore fanbase and casual audience would at the very least like to see a rematch, the rest are neutral or indifferent to it. But those who are really really against it are very very very few.

So it is more like half are in favor, half are neutral or indifferent, rather than being very opposed to the idea or feeling hatred for it.

(03-22-2017, 04:22 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: But could a rematch alienate those who don't want it and are excited for JW2? That's why the nod was in JW, it was a compromise.

Because no one questions its status as icon, what the hate is that they established this other species will always humilliate the iconic species.

A symbolic nod does not prove otherwise. That is like saying Pacquiao beat Mayweather on a rematch because he broke a picture of Mayweather. That does not establish he can defeat him on an actual fight.

If anything the Jurassic World established that Rexes always have trouble fighting large therapods. That´s why Jurassic World is not enough.

And while the franchise is not exactly called Jurassic Fights, every movie in the franchise has had dinosaurs fighting. Because it is a bit of a one trick pony franchise, it´s either dino fights or yet another movie of dinosaurs running around chasing people.

So when you look at it from those shoes, the idea of a rematch is not as absurd as some make it out to be.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
But what should the fans be that much upset about it? As a Star Wars fan myself I too would be upset if the film makers made choices I heavily would disagree with but I would probably movie on eventually.

That's ultimately what I don't get, it's been 16 years and people still talk about it. Why can't those against it be like "Yes, it was a horrible decision but life's too short to be arguing about something for 16 years"?
(03-22-2017, 04:57 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: But what should the fans be that much upset about it? As a Star Wars fan myself I too would be upset if the film makers made choices I heavily would disagree with but I would probably movie on eventually.

That's ultimately what I don't get, it's been 16 years and people still talk about it. Why can't those against it be like "Yes, it was a horrible decision but life's too short to be arguing about something for 16 years"?

Well not every person feels exactly the same or has the same emotions. It´s like saying, I got over this breakup really quickly so you should too. Different people have different reactions. It´s like when fans hate the Star Wars prequels even after 18 years some really hate them with as much or even more passion than any fan hates the JP3 fight.  And I love the prequels but who am I to tell them they should not feel that way if they honestly do. This is art, there is no correct way to feel about a piece of art.

It´s like when people say, yeah it is just an artist. Well to some it might be, but to others it might be their most fondest childhood memory.

It being 16 years later does not matter, because what bothers fans is the establishment that a new species always humilliates the most iconic one of their favorite 2 movies. No matter how long it has been since 2001, 16 years later do not make someone like something automatically.

And yes, 16 years is a lot but keep in mind they are reminded of this everytime they watch the movies, so as long as there are JP movies the wishing for a rematch will too.
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

Okay, one: Did I just "movie on eventually"? LOL I guess I was typing so fast I didn't know what I really wrote.

And two: You make really good points. Part of me will probably forever think 16 years and beyond is too much time wanting a rematch without moving on but then again I never felt that way about it so how can I know.
Luckily it won't happen. Colin doesn't seem like the type of person that would compromise his vision for the sake of appeasing people.
(03-22-2017, 08:01 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Okay, one: Did I just "movie on eventually"? LOL I guess I was typing so fast I didn't know what I really wrote.

And two: You make really good points. Part of me will probably forever think 16 years and beyond is too much time wanting a rematch without moving on but then again I never felt that way about it so how can I know.

It is a lot of time, I agree, but if you look at the internet, these things are very common, in addition to the prequels hate wich has been going on for 18 years now since 1999 (and shows no signs of stopping despite Disney trying to make The Force Awakens as similar to the originals as possible). And there is also a petition to bring back Han Solo (maybe not as controversial as the Rex Spino thing because everyone knew Ford did not want to play him again but still...). There is also fans who are furious about Disney declaring the novels and expanded universe non canon since 2013.

Plus those who want the rematch have lives, yes they do want the rematch but its not like that´s the only thing that they are focused on, most have Jobs, careers, a family ext.

(03-22-2017, 11:00 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote: Luckily it won't happen. Colin doesn't seem like the type of person that would compromise his vision for the sake of appeasing people.

While I do agree that I don´t feel that optimistic about it happening. I have to point out that Jurassic World had plenty of things just for the sake of appeasing people (Another park, return to nublar, visit to old visitors center for nostalga, same with old jeeps, old Rexy, Spino skeleton smash ext...)

So I would not declare Colin someone who never tries to appease fans. And while I do admit to not being that optimistic about the rematch happening in JW2, keep in mind that Colin (and the production) put that symbolic nod of the Spino skeleton being smashed by Rexy, that tells you that Colin and the production team are at the very least somewhat aware that many fans really hate what JP3 established. So don´t be that confident that it won´t happen either

(03-23-2017, 08:47 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 08:01 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Okay, one: Did I just "movie on eventually"? LOL I guess I was typing so fast I didn't know what I really wrote.

It is a lot of time, I agree, but if you look at the internet, these things are very common, in addition to the prequels hate wich has been going on for 18 years now since 1999 (and shows no signs of stopping despite Disney trying to make The Force Awakens as similar to the originals as possible). And there is also a petition to bring back Han Solo (maybe not as controversial as the Rex Spino thing because everyone knew Ford did not want to play him again but still...). There is also fans who are furious about Disney declaring the novels and expanded universe non canon since 2013.

Plus those who want the rematch have lives, yes they do want the rematch but its not like that´s the only thing that they are focused on, most have Jobs, careers, a family ext.

(03-22-2017, 11:00 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote: Luckily it won't happen. Colin doesn't seem like the type of person that would compromise his vision for the sake of appeasing people.

While I do agree that I don´t feel that optimistic about it happening. I have to point out that Jurassic World had plenty of things just for the sake of appeasing people (Another park, return to nublar, visit to old visitors center for nostalga, same with old jeeps, old Rexy, Spino skeleton smash ext...)

So I would not declare Colin someone who never tries to appease fans. And while I do admit to not being that optimistic about the rematch happening in JW2, keep in mind that Colin (and the production) put that symbolic nod of the Spino skeleton being smashed by Rexy, that tells you that Colin and the production team are at the very least somewhat aware that many fans really hate what JP3 established. So don´t be that confident that it won´t happen either
The old visitors center, the jeeps, Rexy, and the Spino skeleton were all very minor things, and the return to Nublar and new park were a significant part of Colin's vision. Some sort of hamfisted rematch wouldn't fall under either category.
I'm sure the film makers know that the fight in JP3 upset a lot of fans but I'm not sure if they believe that's worth a rematch. As Tyrant Lizard said, "Colin has a vision for the new films" and while I agree JW a good amount of fan service I don't see him wanting a rematch as he did all those fan service stuff because he liked it and not what others wanted.

And JP and TLW barely had any dinosaur fights. In fact, the JP3 fight was pretty short too but longer than the first films. JW feels like the only major fight because it happen near the end. JP's little fight also happen at the end but it wasn't a epic fight like JW.

To me the T. Rex is the amazing icon of the franchise but I personally never cared how tuff it was in a fight but that's just my feelings on the issue.

I would be okay if the films never had any fights at all.
(03-23-2017, 02:49 PM)Tyrant Lizard Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 08:47 AM)Rex Revenge Wrote:

The old visitors center, the jeeps, Rexy, and the Spino skeleton were all very minor things, and the return to Nublar and new park were a significant part of Colin's vision. Some sort of hamfisted rematch wouldn't fall under either category.

Still they went to the old visitors center for no other reason than nostalgia since the I Rex attacking and the kids getting lost could have happened at any other random part of the island, and they spend a significant amount of time there just looking around and working on the old jeeps so I wouldn´t call that a very minor thing. Same with the park in general it re opened in nublar because many fans wanted to re visit nublar, and see some of the locations. So my point is that he has done major things in the story that seem to be done with pleasing the fans in mind. Because the story of Jurassic World could have taken place on a new park but on the mainland. Maybe his visión included pleasing the fans we don´t really know exactly how much of what ended in JW was a significant part of his visión.

Neither can we declare what falls or does not fall under his vision for Jurassic World 2 because we don´t really know. All we know is that he did respond to our petition saying ´´Noted my friend´´. When asked if he was aware of it. Maybe what he was trying to say was that he literaly wrote notes about it because he has a clever way to include it in the story without giving details or maybe it was a polite way to say I saw it but I am not sure. We don´t really know.

(03-23-2017, 05:28 PM)Dr. Wu Wrote: I'm sure the film makers know that the fight in JP3 upset a lot of fans but I'm not sure if they believe that's worth a rematch. As Tyrant Lizard said, "Colin has a vision for the new films" and while I agree JW a good amount of fan service I don't see him wanting a rematch as he did all those fan service stuff because he liked it and not what others wanted.

And JP and TLW barely had any dinosaur fights. In fact, the JP3 fight was pretty short too but longer than the first films. JW feels like the only major fight because it happen near the end. JP's little fight also happen at the end but it wasn't a epic fight like JW.

To me the T. Rex is the amazing icon of the franchise but I personally never cared how tuff it was in a fight but that's just my feelings on the issue.

I would be okay if the films never had any fights at all.

That´s why we made our petition, for them to understand the why behind the rematch. Also keep in mind that a rematch would only last like a minute and a half in a 2 hour long movie. It is just a quick scene, it is not like they would have to change the entire movie. Who knows what exactly is his mindset and visión, maybe Reading our petition gave him an idea to add to his visión or maybe not.

But it is not uncommon for filmmakers to take fan suggestions. Remember the Dear JJ video? JJ Abrams ended up making Force awakens just like fans asked in that video.

About the dino fights, well JP had Rex VS Raptors, and that was significant, TLW has raptor VS raptor, JP3 had Rex VS Spino and JW had I Rex VS Ankylosaurus and Rex, Raptor Mosasaurus VS I Rex. If there arent anymore fights then the movie will turn into just a humans running from dinosaurus movie.