Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did Hoskins and Dr. Wu purposefully plan the incident?
I agree with Victoria. They didn't plan it, just took advantage of it.
[Image: 6vIXy1e.jpg]
Some of Hoskins dialogue suggest they possibly did in my opinion. "They're going to learn all kinds of things from their new asset now." Remember, he said that before learning it was the hybrid that escaped. "Our little side project", he said that to Dr. Wu when referring to their plans on making hybrids as weapons, which to me suggest Hoskins wanted hybrids as weapons long before the JW incident and that helps the theory that he planned to always have the Indominus be a war weapon but how could that happen unless it escaped and caused havic? I don't believe they wanted people to die for their weapons test but it didn't bothered them if they did (especially Hoskins). Hoskins looked rather pleasant when watching the chaos on Main Street. Also, just look at the Indominus, it just simply looks likes a weapon of destruction (is that just a coincidence). I also believe Hoskins wanted the Raptors to be part of his weapon test but he wasn't testing them to be weapons but the Indominus. Now this is just my opinion of the whole situation and I respect everyone's different opinions. The movie didn't make it all very clear involving Hoskins and Wu which I like.
I hope not, it's too much of a Xanatos Gambit for Jurassic Park. The movie implies it's what Hoskins wanted to happen but wouldn't have actually done it himself, he was happy it happened but that's about it. Wu just wanted to be able to play Dr. Frankenstein.
(07-19-2016, 05:22 PM)Raptor Blue Wrote: I agree with Victoria. They didn't plan it, just took advantage of it.

This.
(07-21-2016, 08:58 AM)JackEwins Wrote: This.
Would you be disappointed if JW2 revealed they did created the Indominus to escape?

(07-21-2016, 01:00 AM)sdp Wrote: I hope not, it's too much of a Xanatos Gambit for Jurassic Park. The movie implies it's what Hoskins wanted to happen but wouldn't have actually done it himself, he was happy it happened but that's about it. Wu just wanted to be able to play Dr. Frankenstein.
I don't know how accurate Tropes.com is but it did have "Xanatos Gambit" listed with Jurassic World's page.

Whether they planned it or just took advantage of it, I hope the next film fully explains it.
(07-19-2016, 05:22 PM)Raptor Blue Wrote: I agree with Victoria. They didn't plan it, just took advantage of it.

"We might have an opportunity here." - Hoskins

But the other stuff, hybrids, Raptor training, etc. was all planned.
(07-21-2016, 10:33 AM)Dr. Wu Wrote: Would you be disappointed if JW2 revealed they did created the Indominus to escape?

Depends on how they sold that idea.

But its highly unlikely because it would require Wu and Hoskins to know...

1. What day the Indominus was going to fake its break out.
2. Pay off the guard to say "These doors haven't been opened in weeks."
3. Know of it's ability to hide from thermal imaging, which Wu was clearly surprised to hear about.

Wu and Hoskins were working in secret on seeing what attributes the hybrid could perform from its DNA makeup. Hoskins wanted to apply what positive results they'd get from that to a team of trained hybrids, as he says in his speech right before his death.

At least thats what the film alludes to.
(07-21-2016, 10:38 PM)JackEwins Wrote: Wu and Hoskins were working in secret on seeing what attributes the hybrid could perform from its DNA makeup. Hoskins wanted to apply what positive results they'd get from that to a team of trained hybrids, as he says in his speech right before his death.
At least thats what the film alludes to.
So they never planned on having the Indominus to be a weapon but definitely have it's successors to be one.
Exactly.