Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you want feathered dinosaurs?
I wouldn't mind having featherless, hybrids, and feather dinosaurs all in JW2.
No. Not a fan myself!
That's fine but I would love to see feather dinos in a film. It doesn't have to be a Jurassic Park film.
I totally understand why people would like to see that. I just prefer the dinosaurs that we've seen in JP. When I think dinosaurs, I think Jurassic Park dinosaurs.
I think though that they'd have to be careful. If they presented feathered dinos as "scientifically accurate," they expose themselves to future advances in science that.

I don't know. Maybe just double down on the fiction and keep it the way it is? Even though they sort of retconned the looks in Jurassic World, with Wu and Masrani's conversation?
Feathered dinosaurs are long overdue in Jurassic Park. The original appearance of the animals can be attributed to the tampering with their DNA.

Both old and new designs can exist side by side.
Yeah... will Universal allow such a change in style? Even the Indominus, arguably the biggest deviations from the "Jurassic Park" style, still looked scaly and bald...
Yes, but I doubt this will ever happen. I do know everyone is hoping for different stocks of dinosaurs in JW2 (and so do I tbh) but that's something I don't see happening in the same movie like ever.

Universal wants things simple and is trying to make the franchise appeal to kids more and more. This whole feathered dinos / different versions dinos might be considered as confusing to the GP and kids.

--

I might say I won't be surprised if some feathered dinos appear in the new Kong movie though.
(07-12-2016, 02:54 AM)Jack Wrote: No. Not a fan myself!

This is my sentiment as well, HOWEVER:

If they were to feature an Archeopteryx or similar protobird, I would of course expect feathers, but I don't want the existing cannon to be destroyed. These are Jurassic Park dinosaurs, not always the most scientificantly updated versions.

[Image: 1000-main-06--drawing-of-archeopteryx.jpg]

Here is what I'm talking about!
(07-12-2016, 06:25 PM)Neelis Wrote: Feathered dinosaurs are long overdue in Jurassic Park. The original appearance of the animals can be attributed to the tampering with their DNA.

Both old and new designs can exist side by side.

I understand your point for sure, I just think that the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were designed and made based on the science at the time - that dinosaurs did not have feathers. If they suddenly changed it, it may confuse audiences and all round I just think it makes more sense to stick with the science that they established.

Colin thought that too, which I was glad for!

(07-13-2016, 01:58 AM)Anonymous Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 02:54 AM)Jack Wrote: No. Not a fan myself!

This is my sentiment as well, HOWEVER:

If they were to feature an Archeopteryx or similar protobird, I would of course expect feathers, but I don't want the existing cannon to be destroyed. These are Jurassic Park dinosaurs, not always the most scientificantly updated versions.

Chris often mentions dinosaurs like that and I could see it working, perhaps if another genetics company had bred some funky species like that and it was spotted in the wild. I think that may work.