Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor roundup (Third island, hybrids, no feathers)
This thread will be updated, and rumors will be added and removed when appropriate.

There are not many things floating around out there, but an Instagram comment I had previously disregarded is looking potentially more genuine. So, as it stands here is the buzz:

-New title (not Jurassic World 2 - this is common sense though)
-Non realistic dinosaurs (I assume this means no feathers)
-More hybrids
-A new island
-More dino battles (common sense also)

Here's the post in question (referring to the Licensing Expo - which I have on good authority some licensors were given a rough outline of Jw2 to help plan products):

[Image: es8jg9q.jpg]

Ok, so here's what has me paying a little more attention to this:

IDW announces they have plans for JW comics next year, likely tying into the new movie. All they share is "no feathers". Which ties into non realistic dinosaurs.

Jurassic World 2 will film in Hawaii, and it's sounding more and more like it won't be an abbreviated shoot. Every movie has been mostly on Nublar or Sorna, so a third island locale to theoretically freshen things up makes sense. And then the Jurassic World phone Game has this:

[Image: C5afx6G.jpg?1]

Now, I don't know if this was in the game initially, or added in an update.. but I know the game in its shipping state had all the dialog and 'backstory' approved by Colin Trevorrow to keep it canon (this was mentioned in an interview I can no longer find). I am unsure if that mandate persisted though (note: just the broader story strokes, not the hybrids or dino evolution stuff). The caption before stated that it was a DNA repository and expansion area had the original park been successful.. which almost sounds like the place Hoskins was taking Dr. Wu.

This will all likely end up being nonsense, but hey, it's what we've got to speculate over at the moment.

Time will tell.
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
Great stuff, Chris. This adds some intrigue and rumors... which means we're going to start seeing and hearing things soon!

Interesting that he says "non-realistic," considering the first Jurassic Park movie was predicated on animals that looked REAL.
I like A LOT of this...but also more hybrids...why!?
Jurassic World 2 will be the 5th movie in the Jurassic series, at this point if they want to use a new island in Site C, sounds good! We have the failed attractions on Nublar, the untouched ecosystem on Sorna, and something new on Site C!
Unrealistic dinos probably means the same thing we're used to in the JP franchise. So no feathers, scaly dinosaurs and whatnot. Also great news!
The only thing I don't like are the hybrids and more dino v dino action. Adding more hybrids make the movie about monsters and not "animals" like JP1-3. Why do you need hybrids!? To sell toys?? IDK!
Never really cared for dino v dino action.
If Dino v Dino actions means we can FINALLY get an extended sequence watching a raptor pack hunt for food, and have the protagonists caught in between the nightmare I'd be thrilled. Just imagine raptors trying to take on a herd of Triceratops.. things would get intense for all parties.

'Site C'/third island is so frustrating. Lets get away from islands. I'm hard pressed to imagine it being something that Nublar or Sorna couldn't be as well. Either way, I suppose it would make a neat bit of nostalgic fan service to bring that to life.. but I really hope if it is true, it's nothing more than an abbreviated sequence that showcases somewhat familiar visuals in new territory, before bridging to the entirely new.

Hybrids.. yeah. Not a fan. Jurassic Park is special because it's a dinosaur movie.. these things were magnificent animals, and they actually existed. There is always something fun about seeing new, real dinosaurs brought to life on the big screen. The Indominus worked because of her design.. pure Ableiesaurid. But I don't want more of that. Lets go back to the roots and embrace science again, introduce new concepts and creatures to the big screen and wow audiences with the majesty of dinosaurs once again
Jurassic Outpost founding member & news staff. Follow me on Twitter.
Just out of curiosity, how do we know it is a reliable source?

But if it is, wow, I like the new island, and especially like the more dino battles thing. I have always said if anything we need more Dinos VS Dinos fights because what else is there? Another movie of dinos simply chasing people?

Dislike that there will be more hybrids, don´t take the focus away from what this franchise is about, the dinosaurs!
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch petition in Jurassic World 2 that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-hav...920665797/
I don't understand the need for a third island or at least, not yet. Anyway, Nublar and Sorna still haven't been explored fully. There's more story there, especially on Sorna.
"Site... C?"

I'm not sure how to feel about that (if true). An island seems a sensible location for experiments hidden from the public eye (and most animals wouldn't be able to escape across the ocean/ sea), but to add a third island that's been there from the beginning... I think Isla Sorna was the perfect explanation, a third island used by InGen from the very start of the Jurassic Park project sounds more like fan-fiction than an expansion of the (films') story.
I third island is not a good idea, but it's something I can see Universal going with .. yet (if true) I don't see the point in using Hawaii again and not somewhere different.

As for the non-realistic dinos, that's also a given. I don't think Colin's ideas about different corporations / different stocks will ever happen to be honest.
Third island is a good idea, kind of a fresh start but Sorna is still vastly unexplored so would go with the setting there. Also want this film to be scarier, the whole raptor attack sequence in JW (darker, more jumpy) was the best bart for me. The CGI was good, but want more animatronics aswell, still think it looks better in the close up shots.

Lastly, they've tried hybrids, was interesting to see but I don't think it should be the main storyline of JWII
I'd bet dollars to donuts that the Site C thing in the game only refers to their upcoming update with Ice Age animals, and doesn't tie into the movie at all. A third island location for the movies just sounds hackey to me. Although, it is canon in the novels that they purchased an island off Japan for Jurassic Park Japan and another for Jurassic Park Europe. Doesn't this also conflict with a previous claim that JW2 was taking place off-island though?
Follow me on Tumblr ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ YouTube